Thursday, October 14, 2010

What was in the boxes?

I learned to crochet solely so I could make these:











Cupcake Bears!!
I saw the idea in a book and I would have bought them from her, but they were too expensive. So my lovely neighbor helped me figure out how to make my own. I was SO excited to give them to everyone as a thank you for helping me celebrate my new decade!

Here is a close up of a box. 




 I got the design for the boxes from don't eat the paste. They were a bit too small for the bears, so I enlarged them in photoshop and printed them on 2 8.5x11 sheets of card stock.







 A view of a bear in its box:





Close up of some of the bears. I used wool of the Andes, some colored google eyes and  sparkley pom poms to make the bear. The body is a cupcake liner from Ikea. 99 cents for 65, you can't go wrong!



Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment