Monday, April 26, 2010

Changing it up small style

This weekend I was bored and disliked the white lamp shades, so I decided to spice them up.
 
 See, boring white lamp shade, with boring white walls and boring white blinds. Lots of white going on! I love color, but can't paint the walls since I rent.
 It is a quick and easy project.

You will need:

- lamp shade
- fabric (I used an old set of sheets)
- spray mount
- scissors

Take lamp shade out of the lamp, lay on ground and measure out the amount of fabric you will need making sure to include an overlap at the top and bottom of the shade. Since I was using an old set of sheets, cleaned and ironed, I used the top part that was hemmed to create a nice and easy finished edge. Cut out the fabric and if needed, iron once more to make sure there are no creases. Then spray the fabric with spray mount and roll the lamp shade on the fabric. Line up the edge piece along a corner of the shade, so it will be hidden. Roll the top and bottom overlap of the fabric into the inside of the lamp shade. Smooth out the fabric and you are done!

A quick and easy way to add color to your life without going all out.

1 comment: