Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Meal Design

I always try to plan out my meals for the day so I am not eating 3 hamburgers and fries or a ton of chicken. This is a bit hard to do since I do not actually do any of the cooking in the house. If I am out and about and I don't know what we are having for dinner, it makes lunch a tough choice. Because of this, I am trying to take a more active role in my meal plan for the day. I think my waist will thank me for it, no more two chicken meals a day for me!
I am trying to make one thing a week. Big, I know, but you have to start small.
Today I made black bean hummus. Oh and tahini, cause why make one thing you haven't made before when you can make two?! Both were easy to make even after I found out my food processor had the day off. A blender works just as well.
I used this recipe from this fabulous blog. Check it out when you can. So many great looking things on it.
http://400caloriesorless.com/?p=2610
I modified the recipe (of course) and didn't add in the sour cream because I didn't have it. I also used tomato paste because that is what I had. It still turned out great. Even my spoon was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment