Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Table Toppers

I recently hosted a small gathering of friends for dinner. Hosting dinner always poses a problem because we don't have an actual dining room table. Due to our inability to chose a table we both like and/or doesn't cost a small fortune. I have a taste for mid-century modern and won't buy knock-offs. Also we use the dining room for drafting and keep a large light table/flat file combo which C made years ago. It works like a charm.
We eat on TV tables every night. Since they aren't that exciting, I quickly spiffed them up with a 11x17 print of a pattern I took from the internet. Part of my being prompt and not over think things.
Here is the result:










I was even complimented on them because they thought they were place mats. I will for sure being doing this again, especially for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment